Seeing as I
currently have a 65 in this class, it is high time I write this paper.
Procrastination has been a pretty awful problem of mine this year, but I manage
somehow to get everything done and maintain the grades I’m happy with. Freshman
year for me will be unforgettable. I could not possibly have had a better first
year of high school. I’ve made countless more friends (unfortunately they will
all be leaving me for college and higher education next year) and I am insanely
grateful for the people whom I’ve met.
I suppose I
should talk about band, as it has been my main source of a social life this
year. I remember the first day of summer band, and I can’t say I enjoyed
myself, but things got better. Morning practices, however, were disgusting, and
my hair would become a reddish frizzy mess every single day. I met amazing
people in band who have become some of my best friends (Abby, I’m looking at
you). The people I have met have been so accepting of me, and I’m so glad to
have found such great human beings to be around.
I’ve never
been much of a party person. I more enjoy just watching Netflix on my own. My
senior friends would invite me to their parties which made me feel really
special and great and I love them so much. But our parties weren’t anything
crazy. “You’re going out with seniors?????? Will there be drugs??? Don’t drink
anything they give you!!!” My mother seemed to tell me every single time. Our
parties were much more low-key. We would sit around in Abby’s backyard and make
smores and drink hot chocolate and tell stories and just laugh.
The football
games could not have been more fun. Abby and I would make up our own dances to
the songs because the section dances sucked. We would always receive nasty
glares from those in our section who disproved of our having fun. I really miss
marching season now that it’s over, and I have no idea what I’ll do next year
without Abby.
Then there’s
the freshman group I love as well. Karlo, Fallon, Braden, and Bryce are some of
the stupidest and most interesting people I have ever met, and I love them very
much. We went bike riding one day for hours and hours and hours, then stopped
at a park where we learned how to twerk. I must say, we might be the worst
twerkers out there, but we have fun. Braden seems to constantly be doing dumb
things. Crawling in the space between the lockers and the wall to fetch various
items he has thrown back there, and jumping from the tops of the desks to
others when our history teacher leaves the room seem to be his specialty. Karlo
typically joins him on equally ridiculous adventures.
Pretty much,
I have had the best first year of high school I could possibly imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment